TechSpot

Best driver website??

By Jungchen
Oct 25, 2006
  1. Hi people,
    Would you give me the url(s) of the best website(s) that host drivers for all kind of hardware?
    I'm desperate search for the driver of a friend's motherboard... usb doesn't work anymore after complete reinstallation of Xp, etc.
    Thanks

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +25

USB doesn't work eh? Did u skip any files during the XP installation? I did so once and it didn't install the drivers for USB at all. I had to re-install from my friend's disk to fix the problem.

3. Jungchen

Jungchen TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 71

Well the computer is quite old but it still works fine with xp...
    But it had no reboot cd, so I installed Xp from another cd...
    So some drivers were not installed...
    I found most of them, but the one for the motherboard is quite difficult to find...
    Were can I find the most drivers on the net?

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +25

Try DriverGuide.com. They have one of the largest collection of drivers on the net. They require registration but it's free. Check it out.
    I ask again though, when u were installing XP, when it was copying files in DOS, did it give u any messages like "Unable to read xxxxxx file." and then give u options to Retry, Abort or Skip the file?

5. Jungchen

Jungchen TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 71

Well,
    my friend installed this windows himself... but she does not really know much about computers... So, if there had been such a message, I'm sure she would have called me to ask what to do...
    So no, I don't think that there were any of those error messages...
    Thanks for the website...
    I'm gonna go chek on it...

6. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 757

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.