Best DVD burning software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffizzz

Please help me find a good dvd burning software, that will let you burn dvd same quality as regular dvd's.

Thanks ]
Raffizzz

Are your burned dvds comming out substantially worse than the source material?

If so, you may want to invest the time to read guides on Doom9 or VCDHelp to learn how to use free software and tweak your conversions for the best quality possible.

?

What came with the burner ?
Hardware makers recommend what they include with it.
Don't buy oem Optical drives.
I'm happy when it's Nero.It came with my Sony Dual Layer DVD+-RW.
I use Nero Express but just getting started with DVD burning.
My CD-r's videos copy ok.My I'st movie dvd was ok.

I have 2 oem necs work great
why pay for bloated unuseable software bundled with the drive

don't mention what your burning
data disc or authoring dvd movies
deep burner is free and very good
if authering use dvdlab pro
if making movies or changing format use nero or mainconcept
to make a svcd or dvd mpg then use dvdlab pro to author

My Nero 6 is very useable

Thats why i bought a Sony with Nero included.
Raffizzz asked for opinions,thats mine.
I like the Express option.

Try CDBurnerXP Pro... It's free, EXTREMELY easy to use, is NOT bloated, and it burns with quality in mind.

One more comment.Most cd and dvd rom drives include burning software
like Nero and recommend you use it or what came with the drive.
If you got no software cd i recommend Nero.

zipperman said:
Don't buy oem Optical drives.
My drive is OEM, I already had all the screws, cables etc so didn't need a retail version, or the software, and it works great.

If you're burning dvd files like .vob, .iso etc then Clone DVD 2 is very good. Nero Vision 4 is good for burning mpeg files, you can put menus on as well. I've tried it with avi's but it can't transcode them well (it says 7 hours remaining but it never goes down) so I convert them to .mpg first.

Hello, tech10, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

I just realized that your first post is up there ;)

You can copy DVD's on your PC but TechSpot does not condone the illegal copying of copyright protected material so you will have to search elsewhere for that. We can, however, help you if you own the copyright to the material or want to make a personal backup copy, in case the original gets scratched etc.

Raffizzz said:
Please help me find a good dvd burning software, that will let you burn dvd same quality as regular dvd's.

Thanks ]
Raffizzz

I always use Aimersoft DVD Creator, it can easily convert all popular video formats (AVI, MP4, MPG, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, DAT, MOV, FLV, etc) to DVD and burn DVD movie played on portable and home DVD players, that's very good

details

Can you give more details. Especially if you have used other softwares recently and then chose between the two. I have found you can't really find the differences of these burning softwares unless you use the current versions on your system at the same time.

Nero 7 seems expensive and bloated but maybe good things come with the price. Mostly I am concerned with ease of interface. And that it plays all DVD's that I burn on any player on the planet...

thanks for your ideas and input...keep them coming

I've tried Roxio & Nero 8 and had problems with them both and I'm now using ConvertXTo DVD and its great and seems a lot faster than the others with very few failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back