Best dvd/cd burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripken204

what is te best dvd/cd burner out there? i dont care about price, i know it will be around 120-150

heres one

I am no expert in DVD Burners consdiering i dont own one, but i did install this one for a friend and he loves it. 8 MB buffer and SATA are some of the featues that this has. I am sure there are many more out there but i would consider this one.

I have only ever used Plextor for CD-writing. My now 5 years old Plextor PX-W1210S is a SCSI 12/10/32 rewriter, that has never made even 1 coaster.
Sofar I think I have burned about 2'500-3'000 CDs on it.
IMHO nothing beats Plextor, at least for CDs.
As to DVDs, for players it is very hard to beat LiteOn.

I will be upgrading next to a DVD-writer, and it is guaranteed to be a Plextor again.
I just got a new mobo with SATA, so something like this PX-716SA will fit in perfectly.

You'll be hard pressed to find any burners - Either DVD or CD-RW - Which will make coasters anymore. I think any choice you make will do what most people want to do without any problems.

I've installed / used a lot of different off-brand optical drives in a variety of systems. The only real problems I've seen with using cheap-o stuff is sometimes it fails. But I see that even with Plextor and other high-end drives as well so who's to say? :)

ok i work for a very large company and everything is done with computer so there a compter evr few feet
my piont is is that we have used liteon,panisonic,sony,regular generic brands and so on
the sony dvd/cd burners are really good but all the others suck until we started to use th LG burner well this is all we use now for the last three years and i have only heard of two that were bad so i now use LG burners and i havent had a since problem with it and its not badly priced either i recommend the LG super combo

what I have been told by PC parts tech:
only 3 co's make the main components in all burners ? readers
I am assumming then it is the label distributer that setup quility control
go to plextor site they sale refurbs. what does that say
this techy a talk about use mostly noname products rate is about 90% so he says
I bout a ide nec dual layer from newegg last week works great cost 53.00 no shipping charges no software
now I am new to this so as for how well it burns and success rate well time will tell. PS this thing has no red led to show it is working
very quite
test encode burn 4 hr dvd from wmv file 3hrs is this good? bad? normal?
I guess the best way to rate a product may be, support and firmware upgrades
and the software they bundle with the product.
I would never buy the first run car.

well i have the LG super combo and i think its very good all burners work but some have a much better quality in burning and life span LG is known for life span and quality
i can burn a dvd just shy of 2hrs and better sometimes and wmv in 45 to 50 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back