Best Laptop for gaming

By Effx
Feb 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What do you think the best laptop for gaming would be under $1200

2. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 464

Try customizing a dell. They are pretty good, and not to pricy! Just be aware that dell customer support is terrible.

3. bedlam_4

bedlam_4 TS Rookie Posts: 182

you can't beat the new Sagers in my opinion

4. bedlam_4

bedlam_4 TS Rookie Posts: 182

oh sorry they are a bit spendy, but I doubt You will find a "good" one at under $1200

5. ehall1

ehall1 TS Rookie

The Dell XPS is superior when it comes to laptop gaming. I own a Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 and it runs all my games without any problems. You probably won't pick it up for $1200 but it is the only way to go in my opinion. The Acer Ferrari is also a good lappy, but it has a smaller screen, and it gets hot as fire. I had the Acer first and sold it to purchase the XPS Gen2. The new line of XPS is out....check'em out @ www.dell.com

6. YellowC4S

YellowC4S TS Rookie Posts: 125

$1200?? I don't know. I've got a Sager and I love it but then you're looking at starting around $2200 for a basic 9750.

7. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

look at the alienware laptops, there not bad, you can get a good gamer for about 1400

8. YellowC4S

YellowC4S TS Rookie Posts: 125

Anyone who can deal with Alienware's "PHASE" crap has a lot more patience than I do. I would go to www.pctorque.com and configure what you want. As far as the Dell goes, too much "bloatware" for my liking and the XPS will never beat out a Sager 9750.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.