TechSpot

Best Obsolete File Deletion Utility.

By iCE
Jun 20, 2002
  1. I have been looking for a utility that will delete obsolete files from my hard drive. There are so many of these utilities out there and so I was wondering what you people think is the best utility to do the job. (Don't bother mentioning software that isn't free).

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Obsolete files...like what files? Game files? Windows files? :confused:
    I'd love to help but I don't know anything about obsolete file deletions.
    Great, you got me interested :dead:

3. iCE

iCE TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

Obsolete Files

What I mean by obsolete files is the files that accumulate in your Temp folder, Cookies folder, History folder, and Temporary Internet Files folder. Also files such as *.TMP, *.BAK, *.OLD etc that accumulate in many different places on your hard drive.

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Go to TweakNow & download either CustomizerXP for 2K/XP or Customizer2000 for 98/ME.

It has a pretty good temp & obsolete file remover. It also has many general tweaks ( with a name like customizer, you can imagine that tweaking is its first purpose ;) ). It's shareware so it'll work for the first 30 days.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.