best OC speeds for Geforce FX5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_comp_dude

Okay... so i have overclocked my card a PNY geforce FX5500 to 370/480 MHz and the stock speed was 270/400(or 350) MHz now It has its own little fan that I have clicked to keep it spinning and I was wondering if I should back off, leave it or push it a bit more :) . Any feed back would be awsome!

Nobody likes me everybody hates me i think i'll go to the garden and eat worms.... big fat juicy ones.. long skinny whiny ones.. look at how they wiggle and squirm!

" It has its own little fan that I have clicked to keep it spinning and I was wondering if I should back off, leave it or push it a bit more"

How did you "click" your fan?
Back off on the fan or the overclock?
What are your temps?
If your temps are still ok, then you can oc more until you get artifacts in games, then back it off until there aren't artifacts, and that should be the maximum oc for your card.

That's a pretty decent oc, should be a little faster now.

In the clock frequincy place in my Nvidia screen there is a box a can check that says "fan always on". After I played about an hour of half-life 2 i checked my GPU and it was hardly even warm to the touch, are artifacts when jagged texture comes out of the scenery bucause when i move my memory speed any higher it does that, not when i move my core speed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back