Best Popular Digital Camera Model- Please Respond Soon

GeekieNick101

Hey Everybody,

My question is pretty simple, I would like to know some very good and popular digital camera models, as in popular I mean one that brick and mortar stores have in stock since I need to get a digital camera this week and can not wait to order one online, basicly I need a digital camera that can take pictures very quickly, my current one will someones not take a picture at all, basicly it is only good at taking still pictures since it is a older model, I need one that can take very good pictures from moving objects, say as in a person walking or such. And very good clarity and a very wonderful, crisp picture. As price goes I want something thats good not this cheap ones that are $200 and under. Basicly any good popular stock model under $1000. $400-500 is Ideal, but I am willing to go up to $1,000. Also it must have an SD card slot. If there is no specfic models, a brand would be ok, but I want one like I said that TAKES a picture RIGHT AWAY, not miss the shot since the lighting or something readjusts.

Thank you very much,
A quick responce would be wonderful since I would like to get this camera within 1-2 days.

I don`t know what kind of photography you`re into, but I have a Fuji Finepix s9500 and I absolutely love it. It`s a 9.3 million pixel camera and performs very well, it`s extremely fast and versatile and can be used for almost every type of photography.

Personally, I use mine mainly for Insect photography due to it`s fantastic macro capabilities. I also use it for general stuff, including sports photography and it`s certainly fast enough to completely freeze the action. It`s manual zoom, which is the equivalent to 28-300mm, is so much faster than any motorised zoom camera. It has shutter speeds of upto 1/4000th/sec, which is plenty fast enough for anything I`ve come across so far.

It has all the features you`d get from an slr, including full auto/programmed auto/aperture priority/Shutter priority/full manual etc. It`s very easy to use and all the controls are where you would expect them to be.

If you Google for reviews of this camera you`ll find plenty of info on it. I also believe it`s readily available. The only drawback from what you have said, is it takes xd memory cards and not sd. However, they are quite cheap and widely available.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you so much for your really quick responce, It sure does seem like you really know your cameras. That looks to be a good model, but I cant seem to find it on walmart.com. They might have it at the store I didnt check yet, I'm going tomarrow to pick out a camera. The reason I want to buy one from walmart is since they have no restocking fees on returns unlike some stores becuase I'm going to test this camera pretty good before I depend on it, since the camera I have now, which is a 4 year old Kodak, never wants to take a picture when you want it but it will take one when you dont want a shot of something so yeah its very undependable. It was a really good camera I dnt know what happened, but its only 3.2 Mega pixel since thats was basicly the highest I could find 4 years ago. I will most likely either get a Fujifilm or Nikon comparable to the one you have, it seems to be a really good camera. And the type of photography I do is basicly just family and special events and stuff, and when something ouccrs when youw ant a picture that second is the kind of camera I need.

Also I have a question incase I find the model you have, how long afterwards can you take a another picture do you ahve to wait any time or is it basicly semi-shoot where you can take like up to so many pictures per like 10 seconds or something.

Thank you very much for your help, I'll let you know tomorrow on what camera I do get

I`ve just done a quick experiment and found that in normal shooting mode using full auto, I can take pictures at a rate of one every half second or so. I just took 20 photo`s in under 20 seconds. In High speed shooting mode it`s a little faster, but not much.

Regards Howard :)

Edit: I forgot to add, the camera does have a continuous shooting mode, where you can expect from between 3 to 5 frames per second.

Well I was going to tell you how much I like my Kodak Z710 camera and printer. But I don't think it competes with Howard's bada$$ camera. My set-up was around $450.00 at Best Buys. That was including buying a 1 gig SD card and extra print cartridges. The only complaint I have about the camera is the speed between taking pictures. It is rather slow. Other than that I really like it.

Canon S3IS is mine. Not quite as fancy as Howard's but a pretty solid camera. Don't be put off by its 6MP, it has a fantastic lens with it and you can get replacements for shooting specialty shots. Has Macro and SuperMacro modes. They should have it at Wal-Mart too.

I have the canon rebel, DSLR, I love it, fast pics etc...only beef w/ it is, its heavy! Even moreso when I put bigger lens on it! My bunnies are pretty fast and I can snap several and get the shots I want when using it.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
You can search for cameras that fill those criteria from Digital Photography Review.
GREAT Suggestion!

"BEST" is way too vague for this subject, as it depends upon your knowlege
of photography and how you intend to use it.

I started with a manual Manolta 101 SLR (back in the '70s) and by now
(I think) I'm familiar with all the details. My wife doesn't care and just
wants a point-and-shoot.

Then there's the issues of zoom, battery life, memory card styles/speeds,...

You need to pick your priorities and then review what specific camera owners
are reporting -- you'll be much happier you did your homework :)

Sorry about not posting right away, I got my camera I few days ago, I chose the Canon s3IS, its a pretty good camera and has a 12x optical zoom. Thanks for your help everyone

Back