TechSpot

Best secure and quick messenger?

By hnbp16
Dec 17, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I'm looking for a really secure messenger that can be used for quick transfer of any type of files (including .zip folders)? Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated.

2. reckonankit

reckonankit TS Member Posts: 43

If you are looking for quick messenger and want to secure your files to must try telegram app from google play store easily

hnbp16 likes this.
  3. hnbp16

hnbp16 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the advice!
    I have already started using it but after making some tests, I think it it not as secure as it looks. It looks safe but if you send a Wireshark, you immediately understand that the messages you send go firstly to a server and after that to the receiver. Even if you send a message while the other part is offline and sign out from the messenger, as soon as he becomes online, he receives the message. This automatically means that there is a server in the middle.

4. DeWeller

DeWeller TS Rookie Posts: 21

Try Telegram. Didn't test sending .zip, but it's surely more secure, than Skype or any other popular IM's.

5. bluejolls

bluejolls TS Booster Posts: 107   +8

I read about Telegram. Has anyone heard about it? Any opinions?

6. hnbp16

It is more secure than Skype for sure but still there is a server where all the information is stored.

7. hnbp16

In my opinion, it is not as secure as it has been advertised ( I made a few tests with Wireshark). There is no folder transfer as well, only file transfer.

8. Spincer

Spincer TS Rookie

Yeah, Whatsapp is good for messaging.

9. hnbp16

Is there a desktop version?