Best software for making an image of hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

I want to make an image of the hard drive so that if something goes wrong I can just put in the disc and restore it to like new. What do you recommend? Or is there such a thing?

There are many things -

Norton,Acronis and Paragon are three you pay for.

Ranish and DriveImage XML you don`t pay for.

BUT, the free ones may be more difficult for some people.

If one of your hard drives is a Seagate, then you can use Seagate's disk migration utility - DiscWizard. It is free and user-friendly.

We have many computers with many users. Most are computer illiterate and we have problems once in awhile. We want a fast fix instead of reinstalling the os if this is possible. Will these make an image that you can just use for all the computers because they are all the same. In other words, this one image can be used for any of the computers, if that makes sense.

You can do that if you use Microsoft Windows corporate license and all of your operating system software uses the same serial number. All of the systems must also use the same motherboard and same basic devices before you can use a single image to "ghost" a bunch of machines.

Should we be looking at acronis small and medium business? We have over 600 computers that are networked?

ingeborgdot said:
Should we be looking at acronis small and medium business? We have over 600 computers that are networked?
yes,you should.
In that case you need Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server.

Speedwagon I'm just guessing but when you buy Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you probably get a server side client and a workstation side client. The server side client will schedual regular backups and tell the work station what and when to backup. Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise costs around $1000.00 and probably includes up 50 work station installs with an option to buy more if you need them.

Speedwagon said:
I got a copy of EZ gig II with my Apricorn external enclosure. Is it as good as Acronis?
Probably, Acronis is the best one.
I don't think that EZ is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back