Best Value motherboard combo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the best???

What is the best combo of Mptherboard and CPU for the dollar?
I am looking at going with a 1700 XP and need to know what the most reliable MB would be for this. Here is the config I am looking at .. feel free to give me any advice on it.

MSI K7T pro-2
AMD 1700 xp
Dragon Orb-3
512 ddr
Mid case with 300W PS
Soundblaster Live
GA-622-c Riva TNT2 M64 ( already have this card otherwise I would go with a Gforce-3)

Yeah I saw the thread after I put up my post and it's got pretty much all of the information that I am looking for and maybe a bit too much.
As I read through I find myself gaining some good knowledge and getting more and more confused about which board to get...lol

WHuZ Da BeZT MoBoCo, d00d

quote: for the dollar? VALUE!

You didn't mention your budget? High end -or low end? But I've got an idea w/ the parts you've listed.

There's a zillion posts on the subject, either spend some time reading the boards or use3DS Search Feature Everything for the budget $55 Elitegroup K7S5A to the high end Soyo K7V Dragon+

My suggestion:
Since we have unknown $'s factors, visit our sponsors& check out their "combo's" & "bundles" for what is the most popular in the current market.
IE:
www.azzo.com
ABIT KR7A133 with AMD XP1700 and a CoolerMaster HCC-002
copper heatsink/fan with free shipping in the continental US $305
YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE FEDEX SAVER (3DAY MAX) just as shown,under the drop down menu, last item, for free shipping

www.jncs.com
K7t266pro-2 Motherboard w/OEM Athlon XP1700 (1.46Ghz), Onboard Sound, DDR Memory (KT266A chipset), Via KT266a Chipset 1 piece 256mb PC2100 DDR Memory included with bundle.
$379

That should give you an idea.

Hey Axeman,

That is a very good board. I have used it and several MSI products in the past.

Personnally I have the Giga-Byte GA-7DXR in my system. It has many of the same features as the MSI including raid. One of its "flaws" is it uses the AMD 761 chipset which is not the fastest chipset for Athlon but it is one of the most stable. I have had no problems with mine and it has quite a bit of overclocking features.

I like the newer MSI boards bacause they come with USB PC2PC networking. Nothing fancy but its included.

What is the most compatable chipset for the Athalon Xp?
Also I found a warning that the MSI K7T pro -2 can not be used with an ASUS Gforce 3.
I will want to upgrade eventually and so I am trying to find a board that will have the least future issues.
Does that make sense?
Thanks all.
Axeman

Re: Whats the best???

Originally posted by Axeman
What is the best combo of Mptherboard and CPU for the dollar?
I am looking at going with a 1700 XP and need to know what the most reliable MB would be for this. Here is the config I am looking at .. feel free to give me any advice on it.

MSI K7T pro-2
AMD 1700 xp
Dragon Orb-3
512 ddr
Mid case with 300W PS
Soundblaster Live
GA-622-c Riva TNT2 M64 ( already have this card otherwise I would go with a Gforce-3)

Since u use MSI mtb, why dun u choose MSI KT266 Pro RU, which i'm using now! I have tried several mtb, and i have find that this MSI mtb really rock! U just have to weight perf over stability and value!

Unlike Asus mtb, give a higher temp reading and higher price tag too! Epox are fast and oc but not too stable (imho) and the best hype of all abit! I think it's good but interm of stability msi rules, i remember they have prob with SBlive!

Anyway, choices is urs, so far every mtb got their pro and cons! Just hope that u wouldn't have to exp the worst!

But best value for $ is definitely MSI! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back