TechSpot

Better Late, Than Never.......

By Zen
Apr 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Well I was giving this some thought, and even though I joined TechSpot a little while ago and have already posted in several areas and even made some friends, I thought maybe introductions would be the polite and customary thing to do.

First off my in forum name is Zen, real name is Aaron. I live on the outskirts of the greater Sacramento California area. I am a single Father, with 50/50 custody of my 16 year old Son, who stays with me from time to time. I've been divorced for about 2 years now and am loving every minute of it. I have a A.A. college degree in basic computer sciences. I am scholastically certified in computer builds and repair, network setup and support, software installation and peripheral support. I was able to secure my Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or MCSE in the Windows 2000 Professional systems back in 2001/2002. Maybe my MCSE in Windows 2000 based systems is what drove me to be so manic and chronically obsessed with the Windows XP Professional Operating System! Which well over a decade later I'm still using today and am loving every minute of it!

For the most part I live alone, just me and my Son's 3 fish in his room and my two cats that adult male is named Smokey and the little female kitten is named Isis and one tropical turtle named Ziggy! I love doing all sorts of stuff, like enjoying the periodic company of the lady's, I like taking long walks, enjoy reading books that deal with my spiritual education, I like watching TV and DVD movies and I very much enjoy being on any one of my three computers in the house. I am lucky to be so blessed with three systems, My primary system is an old Dell Dimension 5100c. My next system is a 2-3 year old Toshiba x205 dual SLi lap top. And my final system has been converted to a "in home server" and that being an old Dell Dimension 3000!

Also I am chronically obsessive about my car, I love that thing! It's not much compared today's modern vehicles. It is an 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2 door sports coupe. It color is electric cobalt blue and has a modest set of chrome custom rims on it. I installed a custom Kenwood stereo system in it about 2 years back, I think the tech guys who installed it said that I'm playing with close to 1000 watts of power inside the car. Also for a modest monthly fee I had a Chevrolet Dealership install their "On-star" system about 1-2 years back. And the last "goodie" I got for the car was about 6-7 months back and that was a GPS system, I love it, I can go to the manufacture web site and choose from a verity of voices for the unit, I picked a hot sounding young woman, she tells me where to drive in a hot young sexy voice! :)

Well I think that does it for giving everyone out there a little taste of what I'm all about. I have very much enjoyed my stay here on TechSpot and I'm hoping that my stay will be a long one, were talking years.......hopefully! Thank you to all that have through either "private messaging" or on the forums, who have introduced themselves to me, I really appreciate it!

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

Welcome to TS :wave:

...sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to computers and tech knowledge, so you'll probably fit right in with most of the regular users here. I've only been on the site a few years myself but I've learned a great deal from a lot of the more experienced members here on TS.

Enjoy your stay!

3. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Welcome Zen :)

Great intro.

4. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

Welcome aboard the forum of fun & creative learning /slash/ technology goodness!

Absolutely amongst the very best introductions I've ever seen on TechSpot's "Introduce Yourself"... too bad I never wrote one of my own... :(

5. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

Hi Aaron :wave:

Nice to have an experienced and learned person aboard.

Now the standard stuff.

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

6. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Welcome aboard, have already seen a number of your posts but it's nice to know more about you.

7. abe10tiger

abe10tiger TechSpot Paladin Posts: 770   +10

Welcome Zen! Enjoy your stay here! :)