Better upgrade option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPCE_Larry

I am wondering which combination would produce a better gaming result. I have enough money to either get a core 2 duo 2.13ghz and an 8800GTX or a core 2 duo 2.4ghz and an 8800GTS. Which would be better for gaming?

I would look into the performance sum of each system. What percentage of performance is greater? If the performance difference in the vid cards is least, get the faster cpu/lesser vid card. If the performance difference is least noticeable between the cpus, get the faster vid card setup.

wrong

keep reading about those cards! A smart man (me) got the MSI 8800gts 320
its core is already over clocked at 575 Mgz..(same core speed as the gtx!). there is no need right now for more memory than the plenty 320/ and the card is beating 8800 gtx in many games right now. (it only needs 1# pci-e power connector, the gtx needs 2# and draws way more heat and power from your psu....+ Nvidia recommends water cooling for the gtx anyway....
Do yourself a favor . keep away from the gtx for now, better cards will be out soon anyway... why waste your money ~ "food for thought".. :knock: core 2 duo 2.4ghz and an 8800GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back