Better vid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0nstaR

I am in the process of making a new system, a Shuttle from newegg.com, its going to be a gaming system mostly playing Counter-Strike, ut2k4, Call of duty, Quake 3, and Halo. I just wanted to know what would be the best Videocard to get for around $200.

The best of Readon's and the best of the GeForces' for around $200

For around $200 you can get a 5900XT and flash it/overclock it up to 5950Ultra speeds (or faster with water cooling - and yes it CAN be done in a shuttle :D).....so your best bet has to be a 9800 Pro i feel....or wait for the next gen to come along and the prices to fall.

Steg

What size powersupply in that shuttle? You might want to take that into consideration as well. I see it's only a 200 watt PS - so it might be important to calculate in advance what all devices you will be including in this machine.

thanks for the replies guys, i am kinda planning on getting a GeForce since most or all of the lan centers use GeForces in there computers, just so the feel is the same at the lan centers and at home. im not too good with flashing/overclocking videocards, so id have to look into that.

thank you again,

Jon-Jon

I wouldnt get into flashing/overclockign if you dotn know much about it now..

also, you really are, much better off going ATi this one. Maybe not a year ago, but its something to consider with how the tables have turned just recently.

Originally posted by j0nstaR
thanks for the replies guys, i am kinda planning on getting a GeForce since most or all of the lan centers use GeForces in there computers, just so the feel is the same at the lan centers and at home.

ATI appears to be the clear choice by the forum.

It sounds like you may have already made your mind up before you asked the question...

I can honestly say (and most others will too) that ATI makes a better chip than nVidia in this price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back