BF1942 loads, Monitor turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I just installed Battlefield 1942 again after doing a complete re-install of XP a few weeks ago.

When BF1942 loads the screen immediately goes black and the monitor goes into "standby" where the power light blinks.

BF1942: Latest version
DirectX: 9.0b
ATI drivers: Latest version

In my last XP install I didn't have any problems with BF1942, now this is occuring. I'm not having any other problems that I have noticed that would have anything to do with this. The Painkiller demo runs fine, but these are the only two games that I have installed right now.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Out of curiosity are you forcing some D3D refresh rate at the current setting for Battlefield? If you're forcing a refresh rate too high or that your monitor is having a problem sync'ing to then perhaps you are out of range therefore getting a blank screen? Just a thought. I'd check to see if any refresh rates are manually set.

Acid, theres a line you enter into one of the BF files which fixes a problem with Refresh rates, im not sure what the command is, try typing this into google;

BF1942 refresh rate

or something...

My friend had this exact same problem, and he added a line to one of the files which makes the refresh rate dynamic and all of his problems went away.

Just a thought

Hope you fix it, i know BF players start twitching if they dont get thier fix after a couple of...hours (i know i used to)....before the rehab

I had same problem I didnt edit any lines of code i just made my graphics card force 75 mhz refresh rate im using ATI Asus 9600 xt and the new catalyst driver availble from the ati site for download. as soon as i done it, it worked hope this helps

Summary: Go to your graphics set up find where it conrtols refresh rates make it enforce its own and not let it do what the game wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back