BF1942 Multiplayer Playing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleman

Hey guys ive got bf1942 and ive been playing it for a while but never really online. I decided it would be good so I downloaded the 1.6.19 patch and the 1.61b patch. I installed them both but it was crashing on startup so then i reinstalled it and before playing I installed the patches. It ran like a charm, but when I went to play online no matter what server I play on I get the Wrong Version would you like to update error message..Clicking yes does nothing and so does clicking no. That happens for every server accept for BIHNET bf1942 server. That works fine. Whats going on? I want a bit more variety :(
Cheers

EDIT: well BIHNET worked with just the 1.6.19 patch but it doesnt work with the 1.61b patch. It says something like your game differs from the server or something but I forget. Why is it doing this?

you got any custom installs in there? Blood patch? no-cd crack? Stuff like that has blocked me getting onto bf1942 servers in the past.
Serves you right for playing an ancient game :p move on to BF2, much better :)

Yer I have a no cd crack going to make it easier... Ill try just using the disk. Cheers
Oh and ill et bf2 after my new computer is together.

Ok ill use the disk now but Ill do a fresh install with the patches and see how we go because i think i deleted something before.

Ok our dvd drive (d) is sort of playing up atm but we have a second drive (e) which is also dvd and i put the disk in that and i click on battlefield in start menu but it says it cant find cd-rom in drive d like it would if the disk wasnt in there at all but that is stuffing up atm so we cant use it :(
Can I change where it reads the cd from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back