BF1942 terrible performance.

By Rory7
Feb 19, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just got BF1942. I think its performing terribly consdering my system specs.

R9600XT
    P4 2.66
    512 ddr pc 3200

Even with what i consdier to be quite good specs, playing Bf1942 even with just 100% bots the game becomes a slide show. Plus i sometimes get big striped lines across the landscape (are these called artifacts?) I have the latest cataylst drivers and my hd is defragmented. Although i havnt got round to sorting out my pagefiling yet. Could that possilbe be a reason for such bad performance?
  2. ravenjy

ravenjy Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

maybe its because u set ur pagefile too small? how big is ur pagefile exactly?
  3. Rory7

Rory7 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 164

well atm the pagefile is system managed, and when i tried to alter it my pc didnt like it one bit
  4. snowman

snowman Newcomer, in training Posts: 312

set your pagefile to 768mb, leave your memory usage and processor scheduling to programs. i think your pc didnt like it because you altered the memory usage to cache. and then make sure AA and AF are off or set lower.
  5. Rory7

Rory7 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 164

All smooth now. Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.