TechSpot

BF2 BSOD error: need help!

By Prozium
Jan 28, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *** STOP: 0x000000CA (0x00000002,0x82B3810,0x00000000,0x00000000) Plug and Play detected an error likley caused by a faulty driver.

If anyone could tell me what i need todo to fix this it would help!
    Graphic card is a [NVIDIA MSI Geforce NX6600]
  2. shawns122

shawns122 TS Rookie

Hi Prozium,

Can you post your minidump files for us? I'm not sure if I could help much, but I've learned the basics to reading minidump files and might be able to offer you some clues.

I know others that can read minidump files really well can tell you exactly what the problem is right away too.

-Shawn
  3. Prozium

Prozium TS Rookie Topic Starter

where are they located at? which folder
  4. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Hi,

You can find the minidumps at the folder of \windows\minidump. Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here.
  5. Prozium

here are the dumps!

It is compressed into winzip

Attached Files:

6. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

What are you computer specs?

Put the settings to a low frame
    no aa on

_______
    v12 '09 caddie
  7. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Hi,

Your windows is w2k and Microsoft does not provide the kernel symbolic file and stack trace is incomplete. I cannot format your minidumps properly.
  8. shawns122

shawns122 TS Rookie

Hi Prozium,

I also tried to analyze your dump files; unfortunately I'm getting the same error that the debugger can't load the kernel symbol files. If you have a copy of Windows XP hanging around, you might try upgrading, then we should be able to open symbol files.
  9. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look HERE for info on CA stop errors.

It may help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  10. Prozium

well thanks for all the Help, I however cannot upgrade to win XP atm. And to the yahoo search or whatever you did... this is related to Battlefield 2 and every site about that is either not working or german or russian or some other language! I dunno w/e I'll be waiting for more answeres i suppose if anyone else has their 2 cents!
    Thanks for all the help so far!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.