bf2 crashes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tha17

hey everyone i built my new computer about a month ago and ever since battlefied 2 has been crashing to the desktop...no warning. it usually happens after a few rounds when i first spawn.

system specs.
8800gts video card..
2 gigs
450w psu
duo core 2 prosesser
windows xp

so......i think it is the psu cause i have that big honkin video card and ya..i just wanted a second appinion
plz HELP

I think that's an Antec model as in Antec Smartpower 450W. Antec is a good brand but it could be failing just the same. Do you have another one to substitute?

no i tryed to get a 680w psu but it was a big mess :-( i got one with a 20 pin powerconnector instead of a 24 and i had to retern it i didnt try to get another one though.

ya its patched...i have heard of this probrlem alot around forums and stuff and never got a strait answer...i guess no one really knows how to fix it or why its doing what its doing. i tryed reinstalling, re patching, i talked to a guy at frys (computer store) and he said it sounds like a software thing and would not be my psu. he said if it was my psu my whole computer would shut down...dead end..i guess the only thing i could try is buying the game again wich seems pointless. haha well any other ideas?

This is a system specific issue and not too uncommon given the complete and utter junk that's out there as far as hardware is concerned. A good, well configured and properly setup PC can play BF2 for hours and hours on end without a hint of problem. It's not the software.

You need to go through the basics.. and the guy at Fry's has no idea what he's talking about as a PSU with low voltage rails can very well have symptoms of flakey behavior/performance.

So, the basics:
What motherboard/chipset do you have?

Games crashing to desktop are most often caused by bad drivers, BIOS settings, configuration, temperature, hardware compatibility issue and/or power supply issues. If you have a quality, name brand motherboard, chances are pretty good we can find you a monitor utility you can fire up while you play that can log a number of critical stats fairly accurately. This will at least allow you to rule out certain criteria.. or condemn for fix. :)

ok well my motherboard is made by gigabite and it dosent seem too hot. so should i reinstall the video card driver?

I try not running this in "dual core" mode. Open the program, minimize back to the desktop, ctrl+alt+del, right click the Bf2 run line, click set affinity, uncheck one box. then try the game.

There are ways to program this to happen automatically but i dont know how.

I have a lot of issues with games and the dual core processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back