Bf2 Install Serious Problem(if Anyone Solve This , He'll Be A Genius!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

panos_gr

OK GUYS, what's up.i got a problem with BF2.let's get going.so i had installed to my pc BF2 and the 1,3PATCH.one day i download the 1,4PATCH INCREMENTAL.while installing and allready patching i get an error that says something like:cdkey manglerfailed.......after that i triy to run the game but nothing happens, so i uninstall and then try to install the game again.all seem to be ok but...after i enter the cdkey i get the same error.i tryied many times but nothing.i've tried manual uninstall but again nothing.scan for virus or spyware again nothing.can someone help me????here is a photo of the error that i get.http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/panos_gr/ScreenHunter_001.jpg

Two quick questions that could be related:
1) Is this on 64-bit XP or normal Windows XP? If it's 64-bit, there can be some issues. Otherwise proceed ahead.
2) Did you download using EA Downloader any expansions or pay-for content? If so, you'll need to ensure you have EA Downloader installed and working as well as it provides DRM/License management for downloaded/paid content.

If neither of the above apply to you, there is a CD Key bug check similar to yours that can be worked around. It requires a few manual steps though.

1) Install BF2, expansions and whatnot to completion with your correct CD Keys.
2) At this stage, navigate to your TEMP directory. If you're unsure where this is, just go to Start Menu, Run.. and type: %temp% and it will open a window. Try to delete everything you can here.
3) Now, launch the patcher.. but do NOT proceed past the welcome screen. Let it sit there.
4) Go back to your TEMP folder and look for a directory with the long class ID key, which will be unique to your install.. It'll look like: {ff78-8813-32ff2-121833-23455}. Double click on this as there should only be one if you purged correctly in step 2. Now, look for another class ID folder like the previous and enter that directory by double clicking as well.
5) Now look for file BF2CDKeyCheck.exe. Double click on this executable. It shouldn't do anything noticeable.
6) Now return back to your patcher and continue with the patch.

It should finish to completion with any luck!

Good luck and hope this helps!

Try to do step two as said by Sharkfood and then try to install. Otherwise, I think u may need to clear out some entries from the registry for BF2 to install properly.

You still haven't given us enough information to make any kind of determination what could possibly help you.

What OS version are you on? XP home/pro and is it standard 32 bit?

What media/medium are you installing from? Retail CD? Normal BF2 or the special edition? CD or DVD? Any downloaded content? You have a full retail CD and CD Key, correct?

Please provide all of the above. Plus, you should do a FULL/CLEAN uninstall as well by:
1) Visiting Control Panel, Add-Remove Programs and removing all BF2/BF2 expansions in the reversed order you installed them.
2) GO to the directory where you installed them and delete this folder as well if it's still present.
3) Go into My Documents and delete the Battlefield2 folder there.
4) Fire up RegEdit and delete the following keys:
under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software:

DICE (delete any keys beneath this for Battlefield2. Delete the entire DICE key if all you have here is Battlefield2 entries)

Electronic Arts
--EA Core\Installed Games\EA Games (any BF2's that may be here)
--EA Games\ (Any Battlefield2 keys here. Delete the entire EA Games key and subkeys if all you have here are BF2 games)

5) Purge your user account Temp folder (again, start menu, Run, %TEMP%)

6) Then reboot, and start with you FIRST installation (Battlefield2). As we're not psychic, you'll still have to tell us what this is (standard BF2 CD, Standard BF2 DVD, or Special Edition, etc.etc.) WHAT happens precisely at this stage? Does this complete or no?

no man,i did not ment to be meen.sr, but i have played the game only 2 weeks and then i get that problem.i've searched and asked in many forums and my nerves are not good when it is on bf2.sr again,really sr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back