BF2 running problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaTruth

I have 512 sdram dual channel ram
I have a ati radeon x800 se
and i have like 350 gb hard drive

Howcome i can't play bf2 on fullsettings i lag what do i need to buy or what do i need to get to run better more ram

or a new vid card

I can run some stuff on high

And i wondered should i overclock my vid card
and buy more ram

anyways can someone help out ? :suspiciou

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried turning fastwrite either on, or off?

It may, or maynot help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

First go HERE and read my post. A message for all newcomers.

In answer to your question I see no reason why not.

As I said in my earlier post. It might help, then again it may not.

What mobo do you have?

Regards Howard :)

Isnt it far more likely that it is his processor that is causing the problem? Additionally by setting certain parts of battlefield 2 on high it causes loads of slow down.

Recommend one of the tweaking guides. A number of these are linked to from: << if im allowed.. >> www.totalbf2.com

Recommend:
Not putting it on full resolution
What processor are you on?
Does the card run well on other games?
Are you using latest catalyst version?
What connection speeds do you have?

;) just a few things to look at

Well should be able to take on a tough load. What res are you using? Any when does the lag occur? IF its online then it aint your PC its you Connection

Sean

yep, definetly not the processor. What is the computer like in every day applications? Or other games? Is the problem specifically for battlefield 2.

well in counter strike source i run on full settings no lag
but in the single player i lag a bit
and it takes me long to load well not long it takes me a bit i unno if supposed to take that long
pretty much any other game i have i can run on full settings world of warcraft
vietnam
all the other battlefields
umm nfsu
san andreas full settings
ummm brothers in arms full
call of duty uo full and call of duty.... guild wars full everything really
Well i just purchased a new vid card a 6800 ultra and i bought some more ram about 512 dual channel so i will have 1.5 gigs
but i did lag in uo and cs source before ... then i did a reformat hard drive then everything was running smooth that was like a 2 weeks ago except bf2
:( i have like problems running on medium :S and dynamic lighting and and shadows are on low

i am running at 1024x768 60hz

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO :(

My internet connection is good i get like 3.5 mb speed

I was going to get rogers extreme and get 5.0 mb speed but didn't feel like it

my pings are good when i get into servers but i have a router

Dunno if this is relative, but...

About 3 days ago I got home from Boy Scout Camp... and everything was lagging like crazy. I had had a day at home the night before camp and had been playing SWAT 4 all night and it worked smooth as a greased duck, but then I came home from camp and all of a sudden I played Call of Duty and got an FPS of 12! I normally run at least 60 (I always played with VSync enabled) FPS, but now my maximum is 21 puke: . Any suggestions?

DaTruth has a point - your post is completely off topic. This thread is about problems running BF2 - so please use the search tool to find a similar thread or post a new thread with a descriptive title. Once you've made your post I will delete this post but I'll leave it around in case you want to copy and paste.

Moralt3nacity said:
About 3 days ago I got home from Boy Scout Camp... and everything was lagging like crazy. I had had a day at home the night before camp and had been playing SWAT 4 all night and it worked smooth as a greased duck, but then I came home from camp and all of a sudden I played Call of Duty and got an FPS of 12! I normally run at least 60 (I always played with VSync enabled) FPS, but now my maximum is 21 puke: . Any suggestions?

Hmmm dunno m8. Very weard the very sudden performance drop. Clearly its not computer specs, processor, or your graphic card settings, or even the programs running at the same time... as its fine on other games.

Dunno, reinstall bf2?

Try:
Tweak Guide - BF2

resoultion

DaTruth said:
well in counter strike source i run on full settings no lag
but in the single player i lag a bit
and it takes me long to load well not long it takes me a bit i unno if supposed to take that long
pretty much any other game i have i can run on full settings world of warcraft
vietnam
all the other battlefields
umm nfsu
san andreas full settings
ummm brothers in arms full
call of duty uo full and call of duty.... guild wars full everything really
Well i just purchased a new vid card a 6800 ultra and i bought some more ram about 512 dual channel so i will have 1.5 gigs
but i did lag in uo and cs source before ... then i did a reformat hard drive then everything was running smooth that was like a 2 weeks ago except bf2
:( i have like problems running on medium :S and dynamic lighting and and shadows are on low

i am running at 1024x768 60hz

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO :(

I think that your problem is that your putting your resoultion a bit to high as i can see her 1024x768 try putting it to default. That could be your problem.

Sebastian

How did it work out when you added in anoter GB of ram?
(BTW: with 3 chips, you'll most likely not get it to run in Dual Channel)

I've seen lots of report saying that 1GB isn't enough to get it to run with high settings, so it's no wonder that you were having problems with "only" 512mb...

Personally I'm fine with 1GB, X800 pro and A64 3000+, so I don't really see why you should need to change the vid.card.

I am getting them in a week maybe by tuesday or monday cause
its in the post i ordered off the internet

to be able to raise battlefield2 settings to high with a good amount of fps. need a Nvidia (6600/6800/7800 series) video card. currently ATI does not support shader 3.0 only 2.0a (because it uses shader 3.0 at high settings otherwise its really slow because the processor has to run the shaders :-S)a gig of ram. and at least AMD64 3000+ :giddy:

I dont wanna squash your dreams or aspirations or anything but BF2 is a ***** to run my friend cant quite put it on full settings with athlon 64 3200+ and a x800pro. It is a very demanding game and since it was made with Nvidia it will most likely run better with one too.

i downloaded bf 2 to my computer and evey time i click the icon the screen just goes black for 3 seconds.....??

i have vista
500gb hard drive

CombatxPat, u need to give us more specs. on u're computer than that, and do u realize u dug up a 3 year old thread for this question and would have got better response with a new thread.

Please do not post in multiple threads. It makes it very messy. Stick to the other BF2 thread you have posted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back