BF2: sf giving me strange error

By Hunger_force
Jun 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just installed Bf2: special forces and to my dismay it didn't work. Instead of starting the game I was presented with the following error:

[mod/bf2/shaders/lightining/fxnotfound!!!_DO_checkyourworkingdirectory_AND_sync
    yourshadersfolderbeforecallinguponyourlocalrenderingprogrammer/GP.(really!) ]

Im guessing its soemthing to do with my video card which is an x600 ati all-in-wonder with the latest drivers installed. I have also tried re-installing the game and it did nothing. Thank you for any help.
  2. Hunger_force

Hunger_force Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 116

k found out how to fix the problem: got to ------>"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Shaders_client.zip"

and copy all the files to

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Shaders

then you should be able to play error free. Btw does anyone know exactly what causes this error??
  3. darkcool

darkcool Newcomer, in training Posts: 22

I'm not a BF2 Player but If you downloaded a Mod you got the Error because you never extracted the Mod Files into the proper Directory.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.