BFG 6600 GT OC Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRonMexico

If anyone has this video card and is experiencing problems including green or purple polygons after a certain amount of play this thread addresses that problem.

I searched for along time to try and find a solution to the issue but to no avail.

The reason for the green/purple polygons is that the card is running to hot. I recently bought Gothic 3 and have been able to run it fairly decent until about 10 minutes in the screen begins to fill up with the green/purple polygons. I experience a little of this during Counter Strike Source but not as bad as this.

My card was running at 131 F during Gothic 3, and I found out that the cooling unit on the card is absolutely useless. For now I have a small DC fan on it with the case open until I get paid and buy some proper equipment. The fan is keeping the card at a cool 60 F during gameplay and solved my problem, which was better than the 80 F when running at idle.

FYI: I bought G3 for $10 at target.

2.4 ghz p4 intel
Kingston 1.5 gig ram PC3200
BFG 6600 GT OC AGP
5'' Dia. DC fan (light blue) mounted on my desk.

Lol, I think we know the reasons for "artifacting".

Aftermarket cooling generally solves this problem.

i ran out of canned air a couple months ago and on a college budget I can't buy everything I want (new comp, new car) but have to buy things i need (food, books, and beer).

A 99 cent 1/2 inch wide stiff-bristled paint brush and a borrowed vacuum cleaner with the air-out connection and a crevice tool covered in a spare cotton sock to stop dust does the job.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back