BHO khfgd.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Spyware Guard identified a BHO khfgd.dll - however when I asked SG to remove it it simply asked again and again and finally accepted it. When I try and delete it it tells me it is in use -which worries me!!!

I have tried to do all of the prechecks that you recommend, but got in a bit of a mess - I am not a techie.

Can you help me please?

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of bustop only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi BAROS1954

Can you tell me if khfgd.dll is a major risk please - I cannot find it in the encyclopedia. I do not bank on line but have made purchases which included credit card details.

I have started to do thge preliminary removal instructions but got lost half way through. I will start again

Many Thanks

Colin

The khfgd.dll is part of what is known as the Virtumonde advertising trojan. It is more of an annoyance than anything else. However, often, a system with the Virtumonde infection will also be infected with other malware as well.

If you use your computer for any of the purposes as outlined in the link I gave you, then I advise a format and reinstall.

However, if you only use your computer for gaming/music etc, then cleaning is possibly the better option.

Hi again

Sorry for the delay but I just switched everything of for Xmas and New Year. I have tried to do all of the advised applictions/installations but have had varying degress of success. Firstly this is tough for me - I am not a wizz kid and it's a lot of information and instructions to manage. Secondly some seemed to not work or even be blocked. Thirdly and connected to two, my cpmputer switches off at times, going to a blue screen.

Is there any way you can help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back