BIG cpu temperature problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my computer has recently been shutting down unexpectedly while playing certain games, or having to many applications open. so i found out that this problem is due to my CPU over heating, and being forced to shut down. i downloaded software that records your system temperatures, and on screen it read between 95 degrees and 110!! yes its in degrees not fahreinheit.
to make sure, i checked the temperature at the beggining, after the computer shuts down, it still reads 100+, but slowly beggins to decrease after computer is left. 100-110 degrees celcius is mad, and i dont think its possible, can someone please help!!?!??! :dead:

CPU specs-
pentium 4 (with hyper threading technology)
3200ghz clock speed

system specs-
200gb storage space
1024mb RAM
nvidia g-force fx 5500 graphics card

help please!!! :)

What is your cpu cooling setup? I suggest buying some arctic silver 5 thermo greese, and a bigger better fan and heatsink.

Also, I wouldn't run the computer until the problem is fixed. You could damge the CPU permanently with temps like that.

Wow. Shut your computer off immediatly and get it fixed mate. You're gonna blow that CPU if you haven't already. That's insane.

If you know how to change a CPU heatsink and fan, then do it yourself. Get a fan from a company like Zalman, and as drink_jones says above get some artic silver paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back