BIG cpu temperature problem

By dilmano
Oct 11, 2005
  1. well my computer has recently been shutting down unexpectedly while playing certain games, or having to many applications open. so i found out that this problem is due to my CPU over heating, and being forced to shut down. i downloaded software that records your system temperatures, and on screen it read between 95 degrees and 110!! yes its in degrees not fahreinheit.
    to make sure, i checked the temperature at the beggining, after the computer shuts down, it still reads 100+, but slowly beggins to decrease after computer is left. 100-110 degrees celcius is mad, and i dont think its possible, can someone please help!!?!??! :dead:

CPU specs-
    pentium 4 (with hyper threading technology)
    3200ghz clock speed

system specs-
    200gb storage space
    1024mb RAM
    nvidia g-force fx 5500 graphics card

help please!!! :)
  2. drink_jones

drink_jones TS Rookie Posts: 20

What is your cpu cooling setup? I suggest buying some arctic silver 5 thermo greese, and a bigger better fan and heatsink.

Also, I wouldn't run the computer until the problem is fixed. You could damge the CPU permanently with temps like that.
  3. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Wow. Shut your computer off immediatly and get it fixed mate. You're gonna blow that CPU if you haven't already. That's insane.

If you know how to change a CPU heatsink and fan, then do it yourself. Get a fan from a company like Zalman, and as drink_jones says above get some artic silver paste.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.