Big OpenGL Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with CS 1.6 I mean all Counter-Strike versions.When I run CS 1.6 the game freezes coz steams default GFX mode is OpenGL and ctrl+alt+delete are not working and I need to restart the pc.This is happening when I use OpenGL mode.In other CS versions not steam versions the old ones (CS 1.3 or 1.5)the menu is not opengl and if I select Direct3D mode the game runs fine.If I select OpenGL mode the game freezes.This happens only in CS.I formatted my PC and installed CS again but it’s the same problem.I changed my GFX card but same problem.

But sometimes in other games the monitor will fade to black and go to stand by mode.Then I cant even restart the PC I must Shut IT DOWN and then back on.

MY SPECS are:

Processor:Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz

GFX Card:GeForce FX 5700 128 MB DDR RAM AGP 8x with 61.77 drivers (I Tried with GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and other detonator drivers but I’ve still got the problem)

Memory:512 DDR Samsung RAM

Hard Drive:Maxtor 60 GB

Motherboard:Soltek

Windows XP Professional Edition

DirectX 9.0c (Tried with DircetX 9.0b)

Thanks in advance
Sorry for my English

Sounds to me like things are getting to hot somewhere. First I'd make sure all your fans (CPU, graphic card, case fans..) are working and clean. Just a guess....

That's very strange indeed... It's 'possible' that the old code for the old versions of CS don't like the newer graphics cards. For instance using a pipe that no longer exists or trying to use an old form of OpenGL code. That's one reason games get patched/updated etc...

Not entirely positive, but it does sound like it could be the case... especially if you don't experience the problem with other 'newer' games.

i dont know if you got this prob fixed but this might work...

first open two windows in c drive then type this in one of the address fields:
C:\WINDOWS\system32

then in the other one type this in the address field:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\mgagcc@hotmail.com\half-life\gldrv

now, in system32 look for the file labeled "nvoglnt.dll", without the "

copy it

go to the Half-Life folder then paste it in the gldrv folder.
After that you will need to modify the file drvmap so make a copy first.
In the file, type:
Default Default
gldrv/nvoglnt.dll OpenGL Driver
making that the only thing in the file, doing this will allow you to use OpenGL, the thing about steam is, it defaults to 3dfx so you have to manually change it.

I hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back