BIOS AMIBIOS 8 Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Recently purchased an ECS 915G-A motherboard. It worked fine at first but I had some hang-up problems and cpu temp reading problems, so I went to the ecs website and saw that they had a bios upgrade to solve these issues. I followed all instructions to a tee, but after flashing, the board won't post. I have power to everything but no POST and no beeps. after some extensive research, I learned that to recover the bootblock of an amibios chip, one should download the latest version of the bios update (*****.ROM), change the title to AMIBOOT.ROM, copy it to a floppy and insert it into the drive, power up, wait 3 to 5 minutes, hear 4 beeps, and all is well. I have now tried this with 5 differnt bios upgrade versions for that board... the latest two run for about 30 sec. then quit, and the three before that run forever in a loop. I have cleared the cmos using the jumper and through removing the battery before each trial, with still no luck. Please help...

Thank you

Obviously during the flashing of your bios, something has gone terribly wrong.

I fear that you may have to think in terms of a new mobo, unless of course your mobo manufacturer would be willing to let you have a new bios chip.

Contact you mobo manufacturer and see if there`s anything they can do for you.

I`m sorry if this isn`t of much help.

Good luck and regards Howard :cool:

ECS Support Stinks

Thanks for the reply Howard... I have been going back and forth with the tech guys at ECS through e-mail, and have determined they either don't want to or don't know how to help me. When I told them that I am not the only one with this problem, they went so far as to take offense as if I was blasting their product. Unfortunately, I am stuck with them because I believe they are the only company on the market that makes a M/B with a with both AGP and PCI express slots, giving them a huge advantage with guys like me who don't quite have enough cash yet to drop on a sweet PCI-E card but want the capabillities there when the time is right.

I`m very sorry to hear that you`re having problems with your mobo manufacturer.

If you cannot persuade them to let you have a new bios chip, then unfortunately a new mobo is in order.

From what I understand about pci-e cards, yes they do provide extra bandwidth but as yet it really isn`t needed. AGP has more than enough bandwidth at the moment. See HERE and HERE for more on pci-e.

I hope that you get your problem sorted out real soon.

Good luck and regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back