Bios flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building a new pc and am giving my old one to my dad. specs are ECS K7S5A rev1. mobo AMD XP2200 cpu NVIDIA FX5600 gfx card 1GB ddr3200 memory. However there are a few probs I have limped along with for a year or two now I would like to sort. Firstly I have to run the AGP at 1x otherwise it crashes the gfx. The bios wont save this setting so I use rivatuner. Secondly when I start it up it describes the cpu as athlon 1600mhz (should be 1800mhz or xp2200). Once you have logged on however it shows as 1.79ghz. My dad is new to pc's and I dont want him ringing me all the time etc. Tried to flash the bios so I can save the settings but it does not seem to want to flash. Has anyone flashed the bios on this board before and if so was it straight foward? Also I have read that this board is not compatable with the xp chip unless flashed. Does this mean it will not perform as well as it should until flashed? Thanks

Have u tryed clearing the bios then updating it. If the motherboard manufacturer says that the motherboard needs to flashed to run ur cpu then they must have found a bug with the motherboard firmware.

I take it by clearing the bios and updating it you mean flashing the bios? Tried before to flash it by putting the new bios rom on floppy with a flash utility but for some strange reason it would not flash??? Are there any jumpers I have to reset before flashing?

Try clearing the bios by moving the jumper on your motherboard. Different motherboards have different ways on how to clear(reset) the bios. Read the motherboard manual to find out how you clear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back