Bios looping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Bought a new mobo and processor + graphics card + ide Pci card to upgrade my computer. The mobo is a Gigabyte S-series with an AMD processor with a sparkle graphics card. Because I needed 2 ide's I had to buy a Ide card for the second ide device as they didn't have a converter to Sata.

Loaded everything into the pc but can't get the computer to boot up whatever I try to do in altering the bios settings. I have v limited knowledge of computers....so is it something simple I am missing?

Would appreciate your help

does it say anything on the screen before it reboots?

does it make any post beeps?

what motherboard model do you have?

have you tried without the ide card?

more information will be needed to find the problem

hi,

welcome to the sight!!

we need to know the Model number on the motherboard before we can help really. when you put the card in does it pick up either of the drives in the BIOS?

james

Hi

Yes I get beeps

The motherboard model is GA-M61SME-S2

I haven't tried without the ide card all I have done is swith around the hard drive and the cd and both doesn't make a difference.

It does identify the drive in the bios

here is somthing you can try though it may not work properly.

Do u have and IDE cable with 3 sockets on it i.e. one to fit on the motherboard and then two other sockets on it.

if u do unplug the IDE Card and plug the ide cable into the mobo and then plug the CD drive onto one socket and the HDD on the other and see if it boots up.

hope this helps

james

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back