TechSpot

BIOS Optimization Guide

By SuperCheetah
Mar 25, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice little guide explaining bios and chipset

I found this while browsing around and found it very informative on what the settings in the bios and chipset do. It throughly explains the meanings and whether the option should be enabled or disabled according to the specific system. Thought maybe some of us newer tweakers might want to learn about them, because even though I thought I knew alot, after reading this I realize just how little I know. :)

Anyway, here it is:
    BIOS Optimization Guide
    By Adrian Wong
    http://www.itcp.net/~awsh/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm

Please note that these settings are general and not specific to any one BIOS maker like Award or Phoenix. I won't post any text from the article because it's all technical and informative, so I suggest reading it for yourself. :)

2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Don't forget to plug 3DS's

BIOS Tweak & Overclocking guide
    by Thomas McGuire
    http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/bios/index.shtml

3. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 868

No doubt uncleel!!! Thanks for the heads up. Everyone please check out the 3DS bios guide first! ;)

4. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

After all, isn't that the purpose of the contest?!

5. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 868

Of course, to draw as many new people to 3DS as possible! Great idea I might add as it brought me here to be a loyal 3DS member!!! ;)

6. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

Thanks for posting that Super. I had the link to that and lost it some months ago. Could never remember the site name...

Also, the 3DS one is great too, I have read that one before and enjoyed it too.

7. Nan11

Nan11 TS Rookie

Thanx for the post super, great site

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.