Bios Power-on Pass Word On Compaq / Hp Nc8230

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just acquirred a Compaq/Hp laptop model nc8230, This was bought on Ebay in the USA and posted to me in the UK. This was bought with other laptops and all was fine except this one has a bios password. I think it is one of the newer type bios security because unplugging the bios battery for hours on end doesn't get rid of the power-on bios password.

As soon as you switch it on, you get a blue box with the legend
"Embedded Password Security" with the picture of a key. You get 3 tries to get it right before you have to power down, the power-on again to have another go. There has to be a backdoor password here, but I can't guess it. I am desperated to get this machine running .

Can anybody out there help?

COMPAQ nc8230 PSW HELP!

Hello; Sorry to bother you but i read your post in regards to the laptop you had/have with the locked bios, i was wondering if you had found the backdoor pswd for it... i am stuck with the same problem you have/had and need some help.

If you would be so kind as to tell me where you found the pswd or even provided me with it, that would be awesome. Bought the laptop on ebay from a liquidator and they have no clue as to what the pswd is.

Thanks,
-Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back