Bios reset at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem with 1 of my hard drives and i read somewhere that reseting the bios was the answser. After reseting the hard drive worked again but everytime I turn the power off the mobo the bios resets. Ive tried a new batery and the jumper is in the correct position. Any ideas?

I bought a CMOS battery once, and it was flat !

You could try another battery. Or possibly clean (scrape with small flat screwdriver) the contacts where the CMOS battery fits into.

Also re-confirm that the CMOS jumper, is not jumpered at all

The battery is fine ive cleaned the contacts checked the jumper and reset the bois again. It still has the same problem.

Then the Motherboard must have a broken or dry joint on the CMOS battery area

You could try Benchtesting the Motherboard and removing all dust (even underneath the board

Covered in Post#2
I bought a CMOS battery once, and it was flat !

You could try another battery. Or possibly clean (scrape with small flat screwdriver) the contacts where the CMOS battery fits into.

Also re-confirm that the CMOS jumper, is not jumpered at all

ok I won't say "flat" anymore
I even checked wikipedia and there's no definition on what I meant by flat (maybe my parents used that term (on the car battery) or something :confused:

I bought a CMOS battery once, and it was dead! (Actually it was just under voltage, they are never exactly zero)

Yes Tedster,
those CR2025's are notorious for being bad right out of the package. I remove them from scrap motherboards and I have a good Fluke multimeter to check them with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back