BIOS Trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if anyone can help with this error that keeps showing up in event viewer, it reads

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: ACPI Category: None Type: Error Event ID: 5 User: N/A Computer: Machine_Name Description: AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xnnnn), which lies in the 0xXXXX - 0xYYYY protected address range. This could lead to system instability.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean, forgive my ignorance I'm new at this. My specs are:

Windows xp professional
soltek SL-75KAV-X motherboard
amd duron 1.0 ghz processor

Do I need anymore specifics?

I know absolutley nothing about the BIOS, do I need to update or something if so how?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Welcome to Techspot!
You will enjoy it here, but you will get more help and make it easier for the guys to solve your problems if you would fill out your profile.Click the 'User CP"button top of this page.
The problem your having now I think is a hardware conflict ,but there are so many other things it could be .

Don't apologize ,everyone was new to this at sometime.
The microsoft knowledgebase points to a bios update( see Q283649) If you feel comfortable there are instructions at Soltek or here as to how to flash a bios .The bios file is here http://www.soltek.com.tw/soltek/download/download_all.php
DO NOT do this after you have gathered all your relevent files and support info unless you are confident.I strongly suggest you print out all instructions.
Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back