Bios update EVGA 590 SLI or the Foxconn one

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryCrayon3

Im new at bios stuff and i want to know stepby step how to flash or update my bios. I dont have a floppy drive, and I dont wanna use a disc. can any one help me?

Well you've obviously been to the evga site already and didn't like the options you were given, so please let me write you a nice little BIOS firmware update program. It'll take a few hundred hours of learning and continuous testing, but if you don't want to burn a disk then I feel I have no other choice. :rolleyes:

So what is the real problem? What don't you have or know what to do?

oh, haha very funny. I also want to know if I need to download or do any thing before updating or flashing my bios. I need to send you a link but the form wont let me unless I have 3 posts so post some thing.

I took a look at the Foxconn website and downloaded the bios update utility they have there. I assume you want to use the utility to update your BIOS. I installed the utility and tried to run it, but I don't have a Foxconn motherboard, so the program would not start for me. Just guessing but it probably will not start for you either. Even if it had started up, I sure as heck wouldn't use a Foxconn BIOS to update my EVGA motherboard, and I wouldn't use the Foxconn utility to update my motherboard with an EVGA BIOS. If you mess up your BIOS you'll kill your computer; it's as simple as that.

Ok I tryed the foxconn stuff and it didnt work. what utility would you use for my mobo\BIOS.
(its a phoenix BIOS)

I'd burn the EVGA ISO to a disk and update the BIOS with that. There is a difference between your motherboard and the Foxconn motherboard even if they were both made by EVGA or both were made by Foxconn. The "manufacture's" name is in the BIOS. Your EVGA board BIOS says EVGA. The Foxconn board BIOS will say, you guessed it, Foxconn. The BIOS update utility Foxconn put out for download will most certainly check the BIOS for the manufacture's name, and will not work on any board other than their own.

OK first you need to download the ISO from EVGA.
Second you burn the ISO to a CD. You will have to have a good burning suite to do this. Put a blank CD into your CD burner. The ISO has all the burn parameters already set within it, so all you have to do is double click the file and your burning software should automatically start up. If you don't have a burning suite then you can download Nero 8. Follow the clues provided by your burning software and burn the disk. Leave the disk in your burner and restart your computer.

As your computer reboots slowly tap your delete key (once every two or three seconds), and you will enter the BIOS. You need to make sure the first boot device is the optical drive your burned CD is in. Change nothing else and push the F10 key to save the changes and exit the BIOS. If your computer skips the CD burner let the computer boot and then shut down your computer. Restart your computer and let the computer boot into the burned disk. The disk will load DOS, and allow you to update the BIOS. Follow the on screen instructions.

Cinders said:
There is a difference between your motherboard and the Foxconn motherboard even if they were both made by EVGA or both were made by Foxconn. The "manufacture's" name is in the BIOS. Your EVGA board BIOS says EVGA. The Foxconn board BIOS will say, you guessed it, Foxconn. The BIOS update utility Foxconn put out for download will most certainly check the BIOS for the manufacture's name, and will not work on any board other than their own.

just came across this rifling through the old threads.
this is incorrect. i have run a c51xem2aa bios on my old evga 590 mobo for almost a year with no problems yet. i flashed it right before the first phenoms came out, hoping that it would support them. alas, no luck.
it does show the foxconn in cpu-z now obviously as it thinks it is now a foxconn.
i will also add that the foxconn bios is quite a bit more stable than evga's last release.
but in any event...IT WILL WORK...for anyone else who comes across this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back