BIOS UPDATE, failed?

By filipmike33
Oct 11, 2007
  1. I just recently updated my BIOS for ECS-G33T-M2 motherboard. I got the update from the ECS website itself but now everytime I restart my computer, it tells me Bad CMOS, CHECKSUM error, press F1. I go and fix the time and date, afterwards I save it and exit, computer resets, same dilema, Bad CMOS, CHECKSUM error, try it again, same thing. The only way for me to get to windows is if i exit without saving, but then my time is always off, and its fairly annoying to constantly keep fixing it. Help anyone?
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

Go back to the old BIOS. If your PC is working all right, there is no reason to update the BIOS. GOOD LUCK
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Perhaps it is just a coincidental failure but try changing your CMOS battery. A dead battery won't hold any time or other settings and will give a checksum error message.
  4. filipmike33

filipmike33 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 34

I think the worst just happened, I re flashed the BIOS, now i cant get to POST, all i hear is one beep, then a second later 5 beeps. So its kinda like beep..Beep beep beep beep beep. I checked the beep code list and dont know what that means.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

6. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

pdykman is right,
    Did you save your previous bios to a floppy ?
    The update should suggest this.If so,
    Use it.
    That only leaves setting it to defaults.
    Read your Motherboard manual.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.