BIOS Update help - I've read the tutorial too

Status
Not open for further replies.

t8c8

Hi:)
Someone recommended to update my bios because of the errors i'm getting with my pc
now, i've read the tutorial and other webpages about bios updating, and it's scary for me, so i want to get the real specific and exact file. but i'm confused.

I have an ECS mobo, but the bios or smthing is AMI... now i've looked at the startup and even brought some software from ami to get the strings, and i'm still confused. Here's the results:

This file has recorded information useful in identifying the manufacturer of this motherboard. You must contact your motherboard manufacturer for support. For more information on upgrading your BIOS go to w w w.ami.com/bios.
Note: The BIOS manufacturer in most cases is not the manufacturer of your motherboard.

BIOS String info:
An AMIBIOS ID String Was Detected:
63-0100-001131-00101111-011507-P4M800+
- ---- ------ ------
| | | |
| | | Chipset/BIOS Info (p4m800+- mine)
| | BIOS Build Date (1/15/07- mine)
| Manufacturer ID (1131 -mine)
BIOS ROM Information
AMIBIOS ROM Size: 512 KB
BIOS Build Date: Jan 15 2007
Motherboard Manufacturer Code Detected: 1131 - ELITGROUP
Please Consults ELITGROUP for support

AMIBIOS Build Tag: P4M800PRO-M3�
AMIBIOS Project ID: P4M800PRO-M3 Not listed in TAG.DAT file
For more information on upgrading your BIOS go to w w w.ami.com/bios.
SMBIOS info:
Manufacturer : ECS
Product Name : P4M800PRO-M3
Version : 3.X
Serial Number: 00000000

There:) ok, i was thinking okay, ECS, but then it says on top that the manufacturer for the bios is not necessarily the manufacturer of the mobo... that got me confused... so i'm stuck trying to find the flash that i need.

You always go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to get the latest BIOS for your motherboard's exact model. Your motherboard manual should contain instructions on how to flash your BIOS. If you don't have your manual, you can download it from ECS. Also, at the ECS website, the BIOS download page says that they recommend using their flash utility to update the BIOS. The utility is included in the BIOS download. The BIOS site also has instructions on how to determine your motherboard's model if you aren't sure.

You don't really have to be too concerned with who makes your BIOS since the correct one comes from ECS's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back