BIOS upgrade for Ei-Systems 3083

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortod

I'm assuming I need to replace the BIOS as when I first turn the laptop on a screen appears with Russian text on it (with the Intel Celeriion logo at the bottom right hand corner). This is before windows starts and before you can enter setup.

The laptop is a Ei-system 3083 which is a brand sold by PC-World in the UK. The bios is AMI, but the motherboard identification tool from their site indicates that the motherboard is not one of theirs and that the OEM should provide bios upgrades.

The PC World tech site at support.thetechguys.com does not list a suitable bios upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Not sure which point in that guide you are referring to, but:

a) Have unsuccessfully tried the OEM's site for a download, and have used the AMI tool to unsuccessfully identify the motherboard manufacturer.
b) I hear the point that if it ain't boke don't fix it, but the russian screen suggests to me that it is broke.
c) Being a laptop I only have a CD ROM.

Re point b) with further googling around I have found others who have the same russian trade union screen displayed on brand new laptops from PCWorld. So unless they had inadvertantly introduced a BIOS infection at manufacture, I guess this is normal and nothing to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back