Bios upgrade without battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

javastring

i got old Dell latitude CPi A series laptop....Battery is dead. Does anyone have any idea if i can upgrad BIOS without battery????

If the machine will run with just the power adapter, Why not .Your main concern is that you have power completely through the flash cycle. You would not Flash bios without being plugged in anyway.
Right!

i tried but it doesnt let me do that. Just before starting upgrade it give me a message saying that install battery and try again....

Well you did not tell me you were getting the error message; I take it the battery is comepletely dead . Have you tried just letting the power adapter stay plugged in for a couple of hours to see if you can get just a little Charge .
If not not I guess you will need to replace it. Do you know someone with a model with the same battery to use just for the Flash?

battery is fine, its working on my other same series latitude computer. Is it even possible to upgrade without battery????

????????????
Is the flash software percieving that the battery is dead ,but it is not?
Or the Portable thinks the battery is dead , but it is not?

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a battery which holds no charge but will run whilst installed. Whenever I try to upgrade the bios I get the "Battery not installed" error message. I get the same message when I try the upgrade without the battery.

I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with my CMOS battery although it does store the system time ok. I'd really love to know how you managed to get it working. I can't understand why it won't let me flash my bios without a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back