Bios Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
puke:

Hi hope you help.
I've got a fairly old computer and the bios is farly old and needs to be updated. i've tried looking everywhere to find an update but i can't find one.

The Computer i have is a Tiny Computer 440BXM2 Series.
The Bios is A615601 V2.0 121498.
The ID is 61-1214-001169-00111111-071595-440BX-1440B000-H
The Motherboard is a Microstar.

Does anyone know where i can find the latest bios for this computer?

Hope u can help.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Kal-El.
:confused:

If you go to www.msi.com.tw

You will need to know the model of your mobo if you click on support then archive your mobo should be listed.

Maybe you can download the last bios update for your mobo from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards Howard :wave:

Do you really need to update the BIOS ? It is unlikely MSI has continued development on such an old board so I doubt you will find many updates for you BIOS. Maybe there's another to fix the problems that you are having (if indeed you are having problems with your system).

Thanks will try that.
I'm not having major problems with the computer, just that on start up i get a checksum error and its telling me to load up default values and once loaded the time is all messed up. The problem that i have identfied is that the CMOS Battery is on its last legs, so i was thinking to update any possible bios updates whilst i put in a new battery.

Am i right in assuming thats most motherboards use the 3V Lithuim battery CR2032?

Kal-El.
:bounce:

Take one step at a time & replace the motherboard's battery first. It might be all your system needs to solve the problems. You shouldn't consider a BIOS update unless it is really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back