Bit torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

my bit torrent stopped working completely out of the blue like 2 weeks ago. my roomates doesnt work either. now we're on campus and we think its the school try to mess with us. anybody else having problems and if its the school anybody know of a way to start it up again. much thanks

[size=1]Edited by Poertner_1274: Please watch language on the boards.[/size]

What client are you using?

There's a new version just around the corner (it was released, but was so full of bugs they had to pull it), which might fix any problems you've got.

Also, have you tried using different clients?

i was using the original client 3.3 now ive swtiched to azures 2.0.8.0 - ive tried files that are definetly seeded and ive even tried seeding files to see if i can get any uploading, but no i cant even seed. as for overnet, ive been using that for a while but it too stopped reporting files - all i see is that there are 125,567 users and 0 files online. and no matter what i search for i get nothing. also i get only 2/55 connections when i used to get 55/55. i reinstalled overnet but i still get the same results - crap. much thanks for any help.

do you thinnk the school closed off some IPs? and if so is there a way i can test which ones are closed? is there i can sneak by them? thanks

I'm willing to bet that your campus has shut it down. I had the same problem when I was in college they shut down kazaa.

They are definitely blocking ports or those specific apps to prevent you from doing so...happens all the time...

when i leave norton firewall on i always get attack messages from school ips - so you do you think if i leave norton on to block them 'access' to my comp and leave ports open for bit torrent, it will work? sounds like a stretch to me but ima try it

Nope, it is at the schools servers. They block all the ports that are used for a specific application so you can't swap files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back