Bit Torrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenni3587

Hello!

I live on a university campus that does not allow P2P downloading, and friends told me about bit torrent. I really just want to download a couple of episodes that i missed from a show that i watch, but for some reason, whenever i click on the link to download the torrent ona website like torrentspy.com, my download manager from firefox comes on and so it doesn't download.

The way i heard it, is that bit torrent downloader is supposed to pop up, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

your downloading a .torrent file? download that and save it somewhere on your pc then open with your chosen torrent client

you also have to look at how the universities network is setup. If they have a firewall that blocks p2p then it is probably locked down pretty tight. Also when you use a torrent client you have to do port fowarding in the main router which you might not have permission to do so check it out.

otherwise there's always the "friend that has adsl to put into a cd for you" option.. :D

After firefox downloads it, open it. Your torrent client should open the file automatically and begin to download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back