Bit Torrent?

By Jenni3587
Feb 5, 2006
  1. Hello!

I live on a university campus that does not allow P2P downloading, and friends told me about bit torrent. I really just want to download a couple of episodes that i missed from a show that i watch, but for some reason, whenever i click on the link to download the torrent ona website like, my download manager from firefox comes on and so it doesn't download.

The way i heard it, is that bit torrent downloader is supposed to pop up, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

your downloading a .torrent file? download that and save it somewhere on your pc then open with your chosen torrent client
  3. mattw

mattw TS Rookie Posts: 88

^^Like BitTornado/Azureus
  4. TypeX45

TypeX45 TS Rookie Posts: 144

you also have to look at how the universities network is setup. If they have a firewall that blocks p2p then it is probably locked down pretty tight. Also when you use a torrent client you have to do port fowarding in the main router which you might not have permission to do so check it out.
  5. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

otherwise there's always the "friend that has adsl to put into a cd for you" option.. :D
  6. Supra

Supra TS Enthusiast Posts: 190

After firefox downloads it, open it. Your torrent client should open the file automatically and begin to download it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.