TechSpot

Bitcoin founder Satoshi Nakamoto possibly located in California

By Shawn Knight
Mar 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Newsweek recently spent a considerable amount of time trying to track down the man they believe may be behind the cryptocurrency phenomenon that is Bitcoin. They think they've found their man. His name is Satoshi Nakamoto.

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,439   +559

"What do you think? Is this the real Satoshi Nakamoto that created Bitcoin?"

Don't know, don't care.

3. Holotus

Holotus TS Rookie Posts: 60   +6

I care. If Bitcoin ever becomes a new standard for transactions then it's important to know who created it. For a long time I feared it was a government operation to further control currencies.... however after I learned how it's completely decentralized the fear went away.

4. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Booster Posts: 520   +46

I call shananigans.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

"You shneaky Japanese Dog".

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,948   +381

Well the ***** posted a picture of him, his house, and his name...seek help, Goodman.

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,439   +559

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

Well now that the fear has subsided you shouldn't care anymore just like 99% of the worlds population.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  9. cartera

cartera TS Enthusiast Posts: 142   +14

He could do this all day for a laugh, it screams of people see what they want to see. Funny however.

Without conclusive proof, such as we found this code on his computer etc. all this is is a form of profiling. Stereotyping at best, and crap journalism from Newsweek. I might find my own Satoshi Nakamoto and write a piece for the hits and ad revenue. I'm sure I can find someone who fits the bill around the google building on Buckingham Palace Road in London...

davislane1 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.