TechSpot

Bitcomet Download folder missing

By korrupt
Apr 19, 2007
  1. Hello, looks like I finally found a problem with Vista (if it is caused by Vista).

My bitcomet download folder appears to be missing, in options it says its saved to program files/bitcomet/downloads, but the folder doesn't exist, I cant search for it, its not a hidden folder, yet its definately there as my harddrive space is decreasing fairly quikly. I cant right click on the task and say "browse download directory", the only way, as of yet I have of viewing/using the file is by previewing it... When I attempt to change the download folder, it shows that program files/bitcomet/downloads actually does exist and it even has all the files in it...

I am completely lost as for what to do...

Regards,

korrupt

UPDATE: It seems I am also able to view the file by launching the application used to open the file and opening it...
    UPDATE 2: If I check how much there is in the program files/bitcomet/ folder, the size doesn't show that it contains the downloaded files... Its very strange

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

As many torrent programs do, it could be saving in your (name)>My Documents folder. Have you thoroughly checked all of your (name) and My Documents Folders (both regular and through my computer>(hard drive): ), and Program Files?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.