TechSpot

BitTorrent's file synchronizing service Sync coming out of beta, adds subscription option

1. BitTorrent has announced that in 2015, its file synchronizing service Sync will be out of beta as Sync 2.0, and will also offer a premium subscription option.

Read more

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,518   +506

Elle O Elle. So they plan on reducing the premium pricing model to half what other offers, without offering any of the actual backup benefits unless you host your own data, it sounds like a wonderful idea... reaaaally wonderful...

3. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 962   +205

I love Sync for personal use, but it really needs selective syncing.

4. Well, it's made by BitTorrent (as in the company), so this was bound to happen sooner or later. They already messed up ĀµTorrent in the past, they messed up BTSync with version 1.4 (worst change of user interface ever), and now they are set to totally ruin BTSync for everyone so they cash in on "extra options" (and yet again pissing off the people who helped 'em spread the word and actually used it). As expected of them.

One word: Syncthing
    Another word: OpenSource

I learned my lesson to stay clear of BitTorrent Inc. made thingies.