**black blank screen** everything else works

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin13

everything started goin wrong when i went into my bios configuration....my usb hardware wasnt being recognize in windows so i went to adjust the options and changed the usb function to enable...i also did some other things......although my graphic card is agp...on the primary graphic it says pci so i changed it to agp...graphic winsize was 64mb i changed it to 128mb, cpu was 133mhz, i turn on the overclocked and change it to 160mhz....and then restart and everything went wrong, it stayed with the black screen......

when i turn on my computer everything works but my monitor stays blank even with 3 different video cards i tried with...,also thought if it was my monitor so i went to my bros computer and try it but nope even my bros monitor stayed black...so it has to be the motherboard itself...........my fans, harddrive, and whatever works.....mouse(optic) works but keyboard doesnt seem to get any signal...tower light stays green but when turned on, it turns to orange jes like the monitor

i also try taking every card out...sound card, graphic card, and my harddrives(since it was the harddrive that i change the configuration in) but nope still doesnt work

i google my probelm and tried everything and still no luck

my specs
1.6gig duron
728 mb
geforce 6600 agp

im jes hopin i didnt fried that damn ****.....im pretty sure it aint fried becuz it can still be turned on

What Kind of Motherboard.....

....and is there any way to reset it back to default. Have you looked through the motherboard manual if this is a self-build? If not, can you get the motherboard model and check the manufacturer's website for a manual? Not sure if you fried your chip, but it could be....or it may just be the system is buckling because it won't accept the overclock.

yea it is selfbuild k7 motherboard...humm ill check on that....if its not acceptin the overclock how can u go back to its original state?

sin13 said:
yea it is selfbuild k7 motherboard...humm ill check on that....if its not acceptin the overclock how can u go back to its original state?

That's why you need the manual....it should give you instructions on reverting back. Newer motherboards will do so automatically. Did you jumper the board to o/c it or was it set in the bios? You may have to clear/jumper the cmos to set it back. Once again, instructions are in the manual.

BTW, sorry for the reply delay....been a long weekend. {sigh} :(

haha hey thanks alot masq it worked...wooo i think i should go back to college and take them computer classes u kno, well thankks uve been a great help.....

black screen with nv8

Just done a build and had it running fine. Installed OS and then couldn't load any software drivers. Swapped optical with the same result so I reset CMOS. Then when I went to boot and the screen came to life with green light etc but just got the black screen. Everything else works. I have a similar problem with MSI K9A Platinum as PCI slots don't seem to be supporting graphics. Don,t have PCI E card to test at the moment and thought it might be to do with BIOS setup for SLI. On yet another machine I have read write errror message when trying to install drivers and software. And one last thing does anyone know anything about Error 39 stopping insto of audio drivers.
I love tatting about with PC stuff and would like to do it for a living but I think I have a lot to learn and maybe I should stick with the new stuff. But hey I love a challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back