Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazca

Setup:
P4P800-VM Mobo (Using on board vid)
P4 2.6Ghz HT Tech
512 MB RAM
350W PSU

CPU Fan spinning, CD Drive lighting up, hard drive humming, monitor still in sleep mode/black sreen.

I've tried alot of things. No shorts to the mother board due to case, I took out the mother board and placed on peice of cardboard and still same thing. Resetted the CMOS using the jumper on mobo. Took battery out, tired that way, took batt out and flicked power 20 times and put batt back in, no luck. disconnected everything (fans, cdrom, HD, extra memory) not needed to boot at least to bios and no luck. Monitor works, tried with my laptop. I'm out of idea's. Any help plz? :)

followed instuctinos in the no POST thread and still no luck. I duno what it could be. this comp was working just a few days ago

okay i just randomly went over there and press the power button and the monitor flickered on, okay awesome i thought, it says the CMOS has been resetted so I go into the bios to set all the settings, as I'm about to enable the hyper threading it just freezes. screen is still on but the computer is still not repsonding. sound like a power issue?

so i know this is going to sound bad but my house is old and the only thing i have in my house it 2 prong plugs. so I have an extension cord (2 prong) pluged into the wall and then an adapter that turns it from 2 prong to 3 then a power bus/surge plugs into that and then all my computer stuff... could this cause power problems?

This is unsafe

2 "prong" power cords are for double insulated appliances
3 "prong" power cords are used for shorting power to Earth (in case of leakage, or if you touch it !)

Your house wiring requires attention
Many people have died from faulty wiring
This is of utmost importance.

Get your wiring looked at by a qualified electrician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back