TechSpot

Black screen after installation of xp activation crack

By roc_pride
Nov 30, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys, I recently tried to crack the windows xp activation by downloading a crack from crack-cd.com and installing it.

The crack instructed me to run the .exe file in safe mode, and i did that and it brought up a wizard which finished installing the crack and rebooted my comp.

After reboot, the windows logo screen shows up and once it finishes loading, a black screen appears (with a white cursor) when there should be the user/password selection screen usually. I cant do anything at this point and I waited for a while and the screen is still the same.

i tried to boot from safe mode, safe mode with command prompt and also "last known config to work" mode. All of them lead to the same stage.

I am not sure if I got a virus or anything since i can't access windows and my programs in any way. Any help is welcome!
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Techspot does not condone any form of piracy.

Thread closed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.