Black screen after XP boot 9800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black screen after XP boot 9800 GT [SOLVED]

Hi, i just got a 9800 GT for my computer, When booted windows xp for the first time with the new card everything worked, it said new hardware found etc... i uninstalled the old drivers, installed the drivers that came with the card went to the Nvidia website and downloaded the newest drivers (Did not re-boot in between, hope i had xp driver update not vista ) when i went to re-boot the system would just hang (Black) after the windows boot. I have dual boot with vista, and that seems to be working fine it installed the drivers for me automatically and it works great. I have tried to boot up in safe mode and vga mode to re- uninstall and install the drivers etc.. but my keyboard and mouse do not work, i replaced them both and still nothing I have even done a bios update. Putting the hard drive in another computer wont work either (Same problem) So if there is anything that you guys could suggest me to do then please respond A.S.A.P....... Thank you

Pc specs:

Windows: Windows NT6.0 (Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000
Memory (RAM): 2046 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
CPU Speed: 3010.1 MHz
Sound card: Speakers (High Definition Audio
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT | NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: D-Link WDA-2320 Desktop Adapter | NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2 | NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
CD / DVD Drives: E: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N-SLI DELUXE

I am having the exact same problem with my 9800GT , im also dual booting xp with vista. The drivers on the CD work fine, but like you when i try to install the latest drivers from NVIDIA.com i get a black screen after restart on xp.

Did you ever solve it?

I would appreciate it if you could help me, thanks.

yes i did but i never reposed anything. It Turns out that i used the Vista Graphics drivers instead of Xp. I just was not paying attention. So i ended up doing a system restore threw the xp CD under repair

Code:
www,forums.cclonline,com /showthread.php?t=1183
Something like that

hmmm, im pretty sure im using the XP drivers because when im installing them it says "Installing XP Drivers...".

I have done it a few times now, I can revert back to my old drivers by using the "last known configuration that worked" option at the boot up menu.

Thanks for your reply anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back