Black screen at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
When I started my computer today without having installed any new things to my computer I heard 1 long beep and 2 short and my screen didn't get any contact. It just said "NO ANALOG SIGNAL".I read that it was a problem with my video card. I plugged it out and in and I got away with the beeps(which probably means that my computer find contact with it), but the screen is still black and it says: "NO ANALOG SIGNAL".
I have had my computer for maybe a year just,no new graphic cards or anything like that.

Is there anything I can do?

Hello, Phiber, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, by "I plugged it out and in", do you mean you took your graphics card out then put it in again? What beeps do you get at startup now, is it one or none?

Yes,out then in again. Well,before this problem i had 1 beep at startup all the time,but i dont think it beeped cause something was wrong...Before I took the card in and out there was 1 long and 2 short.Now i get one beep just,the normal beep when i start the computer.

1 beep is normal and means that the POST (Power On Self Test) found nothing wrong with your pc

there is a guide to beep codes here, and as you said, one long and two short means a graphics problem

if you can borrow another graphics card, either a spare or from a friend, and starting your pc and see if it will boot properly then it is your current graphics card that is the problem and needs replacing. if not then we'll look into other things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back