Black screen at Windows logon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieface

Hi

Im having the exact same problem, only I had the DVI connection working on my Hyundai Q321, then changed my TV to a Hyundai Q320 and can't get it working.

Im finding it extremely difficult to find a fix for this, I have tried 4 different graphics cards.

2 x Geforce 5600FX
1 x ATI Radeon 9600XT
1x Sapphire X1550 512MB

All of these get a screen at the BIOS but then fails at the windows log in. I've even tried wiping XP and installing Vista over the top but still with no joy.

aaah it was posted in another thread, but a mod splitted them up. Sorry about that.

Pretty much im getting no display with DVI at the windows log in.

I've tried 4 different cards.
2 different cables

Tested it in safe mode (it works)

But just can't get it to run normally via DVI,

I think the problem may now be the EDID in my Hyundai Q320 - Apparantly there have been a few faults with this. So im waiting on Hyundai as we speak for a reply. =D

If it works in safe mode then the bets are on it being a driver problem.
Go into safe mode > control panel > system > hardware > device manager and clear all devices from the display adapters. Also remove all software installed by previous installations. Reboot and hopefully windows will set up the default driver and then give you a chance to add the proper driver for your card.

Hi,

Cheers for your help, and it worked. Although...

When i uninstalled the drive in safe mode, i rebooted and i had a display on both of my screens. (Im trying to dual view).

So i have a picture on my VGA Monitor and a picture on my DVI LCD. Which is great, only i cant change the resolution on either to how it should be. Vista then auto detects the gfx card and asks if i shoud reboot. When i reboot my machine, im back with the same problem of not being able to get a display on my LCD, but being able to choose whatever resolution i like with my VGA.

I think it is a driver issue, i will put a different card in and try the same process.

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Hey - Trying the other card didn't work =(

But thanks anyway.

What is the SLI mate? (Sorry i am a bit thick! :D)

Ahh i see. The card im using is a dual view card, so this should work. Unfortunatly im using the AGP socket, so SLI is not possible. I have no PCI-E.

I am almost certain that the problem lies within the LCD now. I'll have to give Hyundai a call.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back