Black screen cant access safe mode

By astar78
Jun 2, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. I can login but it goes to a black screen and then a window pops up saying c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    I understand I have to remove that from my computer but I cannot get into safe mode. I hold shift and click restart and it never loads. When im on black desktop I get a pop up window wanting to open a (.js)? File but that does nothing. I cant even get ctrl alt del to come up. I tried shift alt esc. And numerous other things to no avail.. please help!
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

Sounds like windows has crashed. You may need to reinstall Win 8. Or if your computer or laptop has a recovery partition, Try using that.
  3. astar78

astar78 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well the black screen happened laat week and was able to fix that. But I downloaded a dvd burner program and a media player and I think one of those is infected and I need to get a malware scan but am unable to do so..
  4. astar78

astar78 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Oh and I dont have recovery cd..
  5. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

Sorry to hear you do not have a recovery disk. Are you able to get to the desktop?
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. Mac291

Mac291 TS Rookie

You could try Ultimate Boot CD or boot a Linux flavor loaded to thumbdrive. Then maybe Hitman Pro (it's quick) or ESET has another free online scanner. Reinstalls are a b*tch. I recommend Sandboxie (for FF or IE) to everyone.

Good luck.