Black screen cant access safe mode

astar78

I can login but it goes to a black screen and then a window pops up saying c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
I understand I have to remove that from my computer but I cannot get into safe mode. I hold shift and click restart and it never loads. When im on black desktop I get a pop up window wanting to open a (.js)? File but that does nothing. I cant even get ctrl alt del to come up. I tried shift alt esc. And numerous other things to no avail.. please help!

Sounds like windows has crashed. You may need to reinstall Win 8. Or if your computer or laptop has a recovery partition, Try using that.

Well the black screen happened laat week and was able to fix that. But I downloaded a dvd burner program and a media player and I think one of those is infected and I need to get a malware scan but am unable to do so..

Sorry to hear you do not have a recovery disk. Are you able to get to the desktop?

Last edited:
You could try Ultimate Boot CD or boot a Linux flavor loaded to thumbdrive. Then maybe Hitman Pro (it's quick) or ESET has another free online scanner. Reinstalls are a b*tch. I recommend Sandboxie (for FF or IE) to everyone.

Good luck.

Back